I'm visualizing a fiction writers' group that works together to create an audience for our work.

• I would love to meet with a small group (3-5 people total) where we become closely acquainted with each other’s work. Goals would be:

1. Encouraging consistent writing output through accountability.
    2. Building intimate acquaintance with each other’s work so that we can provide meaningful and consistent feedback for ongoing projects.
    3. Collaborating to create an audience for our work. (I’m even picturing us working alongside coffee shops and other local spaces to create events, such as readings, where we can start to establish a local market for our writing.)

I write mainly fiction–I have written a novel but am currently turning my attention more toward short stories. I am also interested in pursuing some literary nonfiction, in the form of essays, etc. I would say my skill-level is intermediate. I’m not necessarily opposed to genre fiction, although I do not have much knowledge or interest in any specific genre. I’m hoping to collaborate with fellow writers who are aiming for publication of their work.

I would be happy to take the lead on organizing this group, so just let me know if you’re interested!

• Village A Supreme Overlord

Hi, Mike!

Thanks for the post. I am aware of some folks who are looking for something similar to what you describe, so I’ll channel them in your direction.

• Thanks. Honestly, I’d love to just connect with any writers in the area at this point. Let me know if you know how I can do that.

Navigation

• Announcements & Info

Announcements regarding our community — plus FAQs, policies & essential info to help you get started.

• The Village Green

Where the various communities within GRWT conduct their business. Each writing group enjoys a private group contained within the Green. You must be logged in, with appropriate permissions, to see content.

• General Discussion

Open forum, including for people who aren’t yet a member of a writing group.

• Blogs

Blog posts from individual members — a great way to network your platform!

This site is sponsored by Diction Dude LLC in partnership with The Grand River Writing Tribe, Write616 and Caffeinated Press. All rights reserved. Unauthorized access prohibited.